- Pay Rate:
£17.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary Content Creative
Job Ref: Worcestershire RQ648086
Highly creative individual who is prepared to take their job role by the horns and elevate communications – from social media to local engagement. You will need to be highly skilled in communication campaigns, delivering communications through content to, and engaging with, various audiences across multiple social media channels, online, in the media and pretty much every other way of communicating you can think of
- Be a designated expert for the creation of communications content to be delivered to target audiences across digital and traditional channels.
- Provide expert counsel to the Cabinet, elected members and senior officers regarding written, visual, audio and social media content.
- Ensure the regular creation of content that showcases and promotes Worcestershire County Council and delivers on Council priorities.
- Create bespoke content for owned, earned and paid for channels to reach target audiences.
- Ensure the accuracy and topicality of materials that are created by yourself and those who you may be supervising on projects and campaigns.
- Develop and implement innovative and creative content strategies on behalf of the County Council and its officers.
- Advise on the use of multi-media channels to engage with audiences and to support the aims of the Content & Communications team: to protect the reputation of the Council, to raise its profile and to engage effectively with key audience groups.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of content marketing campaigns and provide evidence-based data on performance, when requested, to senior officers.
- Manage any content production, marketing and campaign budgets assigned to you by the Senior Content Creative.
- Proactively originate and develop creative ideas for content that promotes the services provided by Worcestershire County Council
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A (non-specific) Degree or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of digital communications and up to date innovations in media and communications
- Substantial experience of working as a journalist, content writer or digital creative
- Significant experience of content/story/campaign creation within a digital media environment for example experience as a multimedia producer, a web writer or a creative lead in a PR/Marketing agency
- Experience of providing expert communications advice to senior stakeholders such as senior board level executives and politicians
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent content creation skills across a range of multimedia platforms
- The ability to be agile in the workplace and to juggle varied priorities
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via
[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Content Creative - Social Media
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.