- Pay Rate:
£14.84 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 - 4 months
- Greenwich, London,
Temporary Complaints & Information Governance Officer - Admin & Clerical
Reference no: Greenwich RQ637398
Standard DBS required for this role
A Complaints & Information Governance Officer required to be responsible to Head of Complaints, IG and DMT Support.
- To be responsible for dealing effectively with the corporate complaints, statutory social care complaints, Ombudsman and Information Commissioner’s Office enquiries, Freedom of Information and Data Protection Act enquiries, and Member’s Enquiries to the Directorate of Children’s Services
- To work as part of a team delivering high quality services across the remit of the service having lead responsibility for one or two of the following areas as designated by the Head of Service: Complaints, Freedom of Information, Data Protection - Individual Rights requests and Member’s Enquiries
- To develop and maintain good relations with service areas and partner agencies
- To maintain a good working knowledge of the legislation, policies and protocols relevant to the work of the service e.g. Information governance and complaints procedures relevant to Children’s Services
- To provide an excellent and professional standard of service to all stakeholders, including provision of advice and guidance
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A levels or equivalent educational standard or equivalent work-related experience in a customer care, complaints, business administration or information governance area
- Experience of working in at least one of the following specialist areas: FOIA, DPA, Complaints or Member Enquiries
- Experience of successfully dealing with colleagues and the public, including communicating difficult issues effectively both orally and in writing
- Experience of working with computer-based systems, in particular Microsoft Excel, e-mail and scanning facilities
- Experience of facilitating complaint resolution meetings
- Excellent working knowledge of the Complaints procedures applicable to Children’s Services, Schools, Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act and information sharing legislation
- Demonstrable understanding of the application of confidentiality principles to the area of work
- Knowledge of records management and retrieval systems and record keeping protocols
- Knowledge of complaints processes including mechanisms for resolving complaints informally and the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanism.
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work positively to engage with and understand the needs of a variety of stakeholders, and to challenge where necessary
- Ability to understand and interpret complex information in order to identify gaps and provide accurate and concise responses
- Excellent numerical and literacy skills
- Well-developed oral, written and presentation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
- Experience of project management and/or research work and relevant techniques
- Experience in writing reports
- Experience of undertaking complex investigations.
- Excellent problem solving and evaluation skills
- Ability to think laterally and to develop creative and innovative solutions allied with an ability to respond to change
- Good research skills
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Complaints & Information Governance Officer-Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.