- Pay Rate:
£17.57 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Complaint Admin Officer x 2 – Housing Repairs
Reference no: Croydon 6601-1
Pay Rate: £17.57 per hour PAYE
This person is responsible for assisting with investigating, resolving and responding to formal and informal complaints and enquiries regarding the service delivered by the Responsive Repairs Section, and for helping to develop and maintain a system for producing comprehensive management information about enquiries and complaints to Responsive Repairs.
- Advising members, MPs and tenants with progress on responses, particularly where there are urgent issues.
- Investigating and preparing responses to all MP and Councillor enquiries
- Researching and writing responses on routine cases relating to stage 1 & 2 and Ombudsman complaints, Insurance and disrepair claims as requested by the Responsive Repairs Manager or Member and Residents Services Manager. Dealing with all routine responses to letters, queries and complaints received by the Responsive Repairs Section.
- Ensuring that all responses are addressed professionally and comprehensively, carrying out necessary inquiries into each aspect of the complaints.
- Liaising with other sections and departments to collect and collate additional information that is needed. Checking files, computer records, and contacting officers, customers and other agencies, as necessary.
- Responding to complaints from customers under the Corporate Complaints Procedure.
- Ensuring that all replies and responses are sent within the specified deadlines.
- Participating in the on-going development, implementation and monitoring of the service plans.
- Assisting on service development relating to extraordinary repair cases and disability and adaptation issues.
- Liaising with vulnerable tenants or their representatives on extraordinary or complex repair issues, or concerning complaints- this may involve visits to tenants in their homes.
- Liaison with partners, specialist contractors, support staff and external agencies as necessary to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in a social housing organisation.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public in sometimes stressful situations where their expectations cannot always be met.
- Experience of investigating issues and responding to customers and external organisations through correspondence.
- Able to provide a responsive service to customers consistently but sensitively, according to their individual needs, but in the light of policy and resource constraints. Able to identify customer care issues that arise from complaints and enquiries and contribute to the development of improved service practice as a result.
- Able to manage a varied and demanding workload, consistently providing a high quality service to within agreed deadlines.
- A general knowledge of a social housing responsive repairs service and the role of elected members, members of parliament and the ombudsman.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Complaint Admin Officer x 2 – Housing Repairs
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.