- Pay Rate:
£15.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 3 months until further notice
- Enfield, London,
Temporary Community Outreach Engagement Ambassador
Reference no: Enfield RQ648619
A Community Outreach Ambassador is required to provide early intervention and prevention, working with people to identify and resolve the root causes of their problems. The aim is to prevent escalation of problems, that may in turn impact people’s health and wellbeing.
The post will see the worker support customers using an early resolution and problem-solving approach. They will enable people to become more self-sufficient and resilient by providing targeted customers with support, access to planned training and awareness raising around key issues.
- Provide IAG (Information, advice and guidance) service at community hubs and other locations in the Borough, with a view to achieving first time resolution for customers, aimed at supporting people to:
- address debt and stopping financial problems escalating.
- secure a home or keep them in their homes.
- find voluntary, paid work or educational opportunities.
- feel more independent and connected, and less lonely by connecting people to resources.
- be able to look after children, keeping them safe, well and in school.
- get on-line and improve digital skills or through assisted support help them through the process.
- Focus on early intervention when engaging with targeted customers to make timely decisions and mitigate consequential impacts on customers.
- Focus on enriching the customer journey and experience by investigating issues in real time and delving deeply into the causal issues surrounding transactions presented by customers, with a view to providing comprehensive resolutions.
- Work in collaboration with statutory and other key services in real time to resolve customer issues at the point of engagement with minimum referral.
- Work in collaboration with funder, statutory and other key services to share information, finding and learnings, aimed understanding and addressing customers’ needs at a both front line and strategic level.
- Focus on using relevant funding to address customer issues in cost effective and intuitive manner.
- Plan and delivery high quality customer training programmes in collaboration with colleagues and partners.
- Apply questioning techniques to customer interaction to fully address their needs and recognise when customers are vulnerable or require extra assistance.
- Act as a Digital Champion to promote and ensure customers are aware of the benefits of using the digital platform, providing 1-2-1 training and support if required, and support colleagues to do the same.
- Focus on triaging and resolving issues pitched at “Universal” and “Additional” needs levels.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Experience/successful track record of providing high quality customer service.
- Good written and oral communications skills and the ability to communicate complex matters effectively to customers.
- Strong IT/Technical skills, knowledge.
- Experience of supporting change / efficiency initiatives.
- Strong team player.
- Adaptable and keen to be part of a pooled resource across different channels.
- Excellent customer service skills.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Community Outreach Engagement Ambassador
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.