- Pay Rate:
£13.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Communications Officer – Transformation
Reference no: N Yorkshire RQ648483
Are you looking for a fun, creative and versatile role within a District Council Communications team, where no one day is the same? A Communications Officer is required to help deliver effective and engaging internal and external communications as the organisation moves through its biggest change yet.
- Support the Communications Managers to deliver their proactive work
- Produce digital content to support marketing, communications, engagement and campaign activity
- Respond appropriately to media enquiries and work with key contacts across the organisation to produce statements and reactive press releases
- Work closely with teams across the council to produce content for our communications channels including proactive press releases, social media, website, marketing materials, newsletters and Intranet to agreed standards
- Work closely with the team to plan and schedule content for the corporate social media accounts, ensuring regular content and consistent messaging
- Monitor the Communications inbox and messages to the wider Communications Team, triaging requests and taking responsibility for responding to certain internal and external stakeholder groups, maintaining a professional approach at all times
- Monitor the Council’s social media channels
- Oversee the digital press cuttings of all media coverage
- Create, edit and publish engaging video content for internal and external audiences
- Produce the council’s monthly citizen newsletter
- Produce the weekly staff newsletter
- Manage administration tasks for the Communications team, including updating the staff contact list on the Intranet, creating new users for the Intranet and fixing broken links on the website
- Attend weekly Government press meetings online
- Assist with design work for marketing materials, ensuring effective and consistent use of the council’s corporate identity
- Assist with delivering internal communication initiatives with the aim of enhancing employee engagement and wellbeing
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or experience in a relevant field
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Political awareness
- Good writing skills
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive issues
- Approachable and helpful
- Ability to balance priorities and deadlines
- High degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Resilient, tenacious and positive
- Able to work under pressure on a wide range of issues
- Able to work on your own initiative and keep to tight deadlines
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Communications Officer – Transformation
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.