- Pay Rate:
£13.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Communications Officer-Marketing
Reference no: Norfolk 1004476413635076
Hybrid working arrangement
The purpose of the role is to deliver communication activity in support of the council’s main objectives. The postholder will be responsible for supporting proactive promotional plans, creating material in support of these plans and for responding to incoming media enquiries.
- Help deliver the council’s communications strategy to increase awareness and of council activities, or hit behavioural change targets or improve the corporate reputation of the council by working on a number of corporately agreed campaigns each year.
- Produce materials, both print and electronic in support of such plans.
- Work with services to respond to media enquiries and take responsibility for ensuring that such enquiries are resolved in a responsive and positive way
- Provide practical support to members and officers on communications matters, covering a wide range of publications and materials, including print, electronic and social media.
- Produce high quality copy for council publications, both internal and external.
- Work with the web team to ensure that online copy reflects the communications priorities of the council, campaigns and services. Assist in the smooth running of a social media channels and content production / delivery
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Degree level or appropriate professional qualification (NCTJ, CIPR, CIM) essential.
- Appropriate experience or education in press/public relations.
- A proven knowledge of day to day media handling and news management in relation to difficult or sensitive issues.
- Knowledge of working on structured and measurable campaigns
- Sound knowledge of current affairs and news
- Sound working knowledge of the local, national and regional media
- Understanding of the concepts and practical applications of current communications techniques
- Evidence of and understanding of campaign planning
- Sound knowledge of social media channels and content planning
- Experience and understanding of working in a public authority or similar complex organisation
- Understanding of working with market segmentation methods – ACORN/Mosaic –to target campaigns at the most appropriate audience.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Highly competent writing skills and a clear understanding of producing information in plain English for the most appropriate audience mix.
- Ability to spot a story and produce well written copy at speed
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Communications Officer-Marketing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.