- Pay Rate:
£17.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8-9 months
Reference no: Lincolnshire 5208845
To deliver improved outcomes through service innovation and development whilst assuring value for money is achieved in commissioning decisions. The scope of the integrated commissioning activities will incorporate the full breadth of the commissioning cycle to include needs assessment, performance analysis, specification development, market engagement, development of contractual documentation, procurement, contract management, quality assurance, monitoring and review and options appraisal.
- Reviewing and redesigning new and existing services that meet services user needs within budget allocations
- Undertaking market analysis and market development to identify best practice delivery and encourage new entrants to the market as appropriate
- Running tailored tendering processes ensuring contracts are awarded to providers that demonstrate value for money and high quality services
- Implementing newly commissioned services
- Analysing contract performance, identifying issues and proactively managing any contractual issues
- Embedding new ways of thinking and working
- Developing and maintaining strong, positive working relationships across service areas, with providers and partners
- Helping develop tendering systems, processes and template documentation to ensure that they support others in the commissioning of services
- Embedding new ways of thinking and working
- Developing and maintaining strong, positive working relationships across service areas, with providers and partners.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent such as a professional qualification e.g. Diploma in Purchasing & Supply (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply) such as through membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or otherwise demonstrate equivalent knowledge through experience.
- Excellent knowledge of public sector commissioning and a detailed knowledge and expertise in procuring value for money services for children, young people and families.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of recent legislation and trends across services for children, young people and families.
- Experience of working with and/or on behalf of children, young people and their families
- Experience of using data management systems.
- Experience of analysing finances.
- Project management experience
- Good understanding of how public sector organisations work as well as having good commercial understanding of markets generally and expert understanding of the markets in their categories in particular.
- Aware of public policy and delivery in political environments
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Commissioning Officer x2 – Children's Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.