- Pay Rate:
£9.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, 08:30-16:50 hrs
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Commercial Advisor / Admin – Waste Collections
Job Ref: Nottingham 1003883313544870
Office-based (parking available charged @daily rates)
To provide a comprehensive administrative support for the Waste Management Section, which is responsible for refuse and recycling collections, waste treatment and disposal and associated promotional activities. The post holder will provide a “back office” function for the Waste Management Section, managing customer enquiries, service requests and complaints.
- Take calls from customers with regards to trade waste collections, either with regards to reporting of missed collections, or requests to set up new contracts.
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve any queries and advise customers accordingly.
- Prepare responses to queries and complaints from members of the public by letter and email.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of Waste Management/working in an operational environment (desirable).
- Experience of progressing customer requests for service, queries and complaints through to resolution.
- Good communication skills – ability to produce well written letters and emails.
- Ability to discuss information courteously with customers over the phone, occasionally in difficult circumstances.
- Experience of accurately updating and maintaining databases
- Experience of finance systems – processing orders and invoicing.
- Ability to produce simple management reports – carrying out research and collating and displaying data appropriately.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Commercial Advisor/Admin – Waste Collections
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.