- Pay Rate:
£9.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Temporary Clerical Assistant
Job Ref: Requisition 380
To act as a first point of contact for the ceremony team, either on email or on the phone, ensuring that the customer experience is as good as it can be. Answering queries and delivering a timely and effective service in accordance with the service goals and to council and service customer care standards
- Help customers with their enquiries. Utilise Registration Online (RON) and the Stopford electronic diary to ensure information is accurate and complete and where it is not takes steps to correct this.
- Undertake ceremony related clerical duties
- Check and upload ceremony choices and associated paperwork, including corresponding / speaking with couples about content and other matters
- Chase missing information relating to ceremonies – such as notice appointments, ceremony choices or fees - by email, post or telephone
- Check rota once produced and once a ceremony is ‘good to go’ send an email or postal confirmation to the couple
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 5 GCSEs including English and Maths or equivalent experience
- Experienced meeting the public and speaking with customers on the telephone
- Experience writing emails and letters to customers that are clear and accurate
- Friendly and articulate with excellent communication skills
- Can use a computer effectively and with confidence
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Clerical Assistant Admin- Ceremony / Registration Team
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.