- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Clerical Admin Assistant – Legal Services
Reference no: E Cheshire 5214972
Pay Rate: £10.19 per hour PAYE
To undertake a range of clerical activities including the use of IT systems, in support of solicitors and legal executives within Legal Services in order that an efficient and effective service is delivered.
- Establish, monitor and maintain administrative records and systems, both computerised and manual, to carry out administrative functions and to provide accurate, up to date information and facilitate information extraction and analysis.
- Act as sole administrator for extensive numbers of legal files.
- Maintain files and collate legal documentation for use by Legal Services and external organisations, to ensure the effective and prompt exchange of information.
- Complete standard letters, standard legal processes and standard legal documentation, draft and publish Traffic Regulation and similar Orders including sealing of documents on behalf of the County Council, liaising with colleagues in Legal Services, other departments and external organisations as necessary, to ensure the effective provision of services in order to protect and advance the interests of the Local Authority and to meet the required standards and deadlines.
- Interpret legislation & procedures to meet circumstances.
- Carry out a range of clerical tasks such as arranging meetings, maintaining diaries, processing mail, photocopying and filing in order to provide a comprehensive support service. Convey legal information & procedural requirements to a range of audiences.
- Ensure the accuracy of and process the payment of invoices to ensure that prompt and accurate payments are made and that resources are used efficiently.
- Arrange attendance at Court by Legal Services staff and where necessary attend Court personally to ensure the provision of information and documentation to solicitors and barristers as well as giving evidence.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ level 3 qualification, or equivalent, in a relevant field - desirable
- ECDL or equivalent - desirable
- Minimum of 12 months recent administration experience,preferably within a legal environment, in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Understanding of administration and financial procedures and processes
- Awareness of legislative acts and the need to adhere to legislation and statutory requirements governing the Council’s Legal Services
- Awareness and understanding of confidentiality, data protection and freedom of information
- Skills & Abilities:
- Written communication skills – able to complete standard letters, memos, standard legal processes, e-mails and standard legal documentation – always ensuring compliance with legislation, policies and procedures
- Able to accurately process invoices and purchase orders
- Able to organise meetings, maintain diaries and process mail effectively
- Research and analytical skills – able to facilitate information extraction and analysis
- Able to complete basic reconciliation of income and expenditure
- Problem solving skills – able to effectively interpret procedures and legislation, and determine when to escalate queries to senior officers
- Able to effectively use archiving systems
- Good attention to detail – to ensure files and legal documentation is completed and collated correctly
- Able to compile, copy and archive legal bundles
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Willingness and ability to travel throughout the borough as necessary – e.g. attendance at court to support other officers etc.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Clerical Admin Assistant – Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.