- Pay Rate:
£9.79 per hour, PAYE
- Hours per Week:
10 Monday – Friday, 6am-8am
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Cleaning P/T– Manual Labour
Reference no: Durham 5138713805225
Pay rate: £9.79 per hour, PAYE
Shift – 6am-8am
The postholder will carry out day-to-day cleaning duties in line with cleaning specification to meet required health and safety standards. They will be required to undertake general cleaning duties including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and toilet cleaning.
- Clean areas allocated including rooms, toilets and bathrooms, kitchen, corridors and walkways.
- Emptying waste bins and removing waste to the designated area.
- Washing with mops and cloths.
- Sweeping with brushes and sweeping mops.
- Vacuum cleaning.
- Floor polishing/buffing/spray cleaning using mechanical aids as appropriate.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of why health and safety is important in the workplace
- Basic knowledge of cleaning equipment
- Good understanding of Health and Safety and COSHH information.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to complete documentation such as timesheets and stock order forms.
- Understanding of working in a team environment but able to prioritise tasks and work alone
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally & in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own direction
- Flexibility regarding shifts and working hours.
- Willingness to complete mandatory training outside normal working hours (overtime will be paid).
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Cleaning P/T– Manual Labour
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.