- Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hour PAYE/National Minimum Wage applies
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 3 months until further notice
Temporary Cleaner – Schools x4
Reference no: N Lincolnshire 5209418
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A selection of Cleaners is needed to support our permanent teams in schools around the Scunthorpe area and provide general cleaning duties in schools and other buildings.
- Always support the School Catering & Cleaning Unit and present a positive image to the customer.
- Organise and carry out all allocated work to fulfil operational requirements.
- Contribute to the efficiency and quality of the service and undertake training as required.
- Maintain personal health and safety and carry out all work in accordance with safe working practices.
- Maintain security and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, members of the public and colleagues.
- Observe the requirements of all identified cleaning procedures and action plans.
- Carry out all other appropriate work as directed by the chargehand and/or supervisor.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Knowledge of cleaning substances and techniques, including health & safety issues.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Understanding of why health and safety is important in the workplace
- Basic knowledge of cleaning equipment
- Ability to complete documentation such as timesheets and stock order forms.
- Ability to read and understand Health and Safety and COSHH information.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Cleaner – Schools x4
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.