- Pay Rate:
£9.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
Monday – Friday, 3.30pm -6.30pm
This opening assignment is for 3 months.
Temporary Cleaner P/T- Manual Labour
Reference no: Durham 5138713786827
Pay rate: £9.79 per hour PAYE
The post holder will provide a comprehensive cleaning service for the Council’s office sites.
- Clean designated areas to agreed work schedule and ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained throughout.
- Maintain supplies of consumables in toilets, kitchens and other appropriate areas.
- Complete and submit cleaning activities sheet on a monthly basis.
- Maintain specialist equipment in good working order; report any defects to the Senior Caretaker and ensure equipment is stored securely at all times.
- Report any observed health and safety hazards to the Senior Caretaker.
- Ensure the safe storage of dangerous substances in compliance with COSHH regulations.
- Ensure office is safe and secure if last to leave the area.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Demonstrable experience of cleaning office business premises, including lifting and manoeuvring heavy cleaning equipment.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning equipment.
- Ability to read and understand Health and Safety and COSHH information
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to complete documentation such as timesheets and stock order forms.
- Understanding of working in a team environment but able to prioritise tasks and work alone
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally & in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own direction
- Flexibility regarding shifts and working hours.
- Willingness to complete mandatory training outside normal working hours (overtime will be paid).
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Cleaner P/T- Manual Labour
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.