- Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
15:30pm -17:10pm, Monday – Friday
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Cleaner P/T- Manual Labour
Reference no: Nottingham 1002438413498341
Enhanced DBS required
The post-holder will undertake a variety of cleaning tasks in school buildings including dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, polishing, hygiene cleaning, emptying bins and mechanical buffing.
- Ensure all cleaning is undertaken to the required standard.
- Work at all times within the Health and Safety requirements and be aware of necessary fire and evacuation procedures.
- Work safely and responsibly when using chemicals and be aware of and follow COSHH and CHIP regulations.
- Work at other locations within the city area as reasonable requested by Supervisor.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment and materials are safely stored at the end of the cleaning shift.
- Work in other areas of the base location and or perform additional cleaning tasks as directed by the supervisor.
- Undertake training as necessary.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- NQF Level 1 qualification e.g. GCSEs Grades D-G, NVQs Level 1, GNVQs Foundation, City and Guilds Part 1 Or evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience
- Previous experience of cleaning
- Experience of dealing with customers/clients in a work setting
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Knowledge of health and safety issues
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment
- Working in an environment where literacy and numeracy skills have been demonstrated
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to complete documentation such as timesheets and stock order forms.
- Ability to carry out instructions.
- Ability to communicate.
- Ability to use initiative prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to read and understand Health and Safety and COSHH information.
- Ability to work flexibly, including any service specific hours
- Able to travel to various locations throughout the Borough within a reasonable timescale
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Cleaner- Manual Labour
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.