- Pay Rate:
£18.64 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Children’s Lawyer – Legal Services
Reference no: Bolton 0006 50FC / 1
The purpose of the role is to advise in relation to regeneration schemes, drafting appropriate documentation which protects and promotes the Council’s interest and coordinating other officers as part of a legal team as necessary.
- Assist in matters relating to the Council’s statutory functions.
- Advise Council members and other officers of appropriate matters within the post holder’s responsibility.
- Keep up to date with relevant new legislation, case law and Council policy and participate in appropriate further training opportunities.
- Contribute and participate as an active team member in the Legal Services Division sharing knowledge with other officers.
- To provide assistance and cover for colleagues within the Department when required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A Solicitor, either with a current practising certificate or eligible to apply for a practising certificate, or a qualified Barrister or a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives, or possessing an equivalent qualification gained in another jurisdiction.
Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of legal planning meetings, plo, epo's, care proceedings, placement applications, applications for discharge and dols as well as applications in the high court.
- Excellent communication skills are required alongside drafting skills e.g. thresholds, case summaries, applications, skeleton arguments, statements and so on.
- Ability to persuade and influence as well as act as advocate.
- Knowledge of case law, statute, regulations, policies and procedures required.
- Knowledge would be required regarding testing for bbv, need for forced marriage protection orders, immigration etc.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Children’s Lawyer – Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.