- Pay Rate:
£15.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
TBC Monday – Sunday, 07:30 start
This opening assignment is for 1 month until further notice
Temporary Chef / Catering Team Leader
Reference no: NCHA RQ563175
Enhanced DBS required
Negative LFT test to be completed before shift and a change of clothing
To run a catering service that meets the needs of residents and service users.
- Plan, prepare and serve appetising meals, snacks and drinks that meet the nutritional needs of service users at the home.
- Provide appropriate food for special events (religious festivals, birthdays, visitor days etc.)
- Draw up and implement a catering service plan appropriate for the care home; consulting with residents either individually or at residents’ meetings, on menu planning.
- Apply industry best practice and maintain high standards of customer care in respect of menu planning, food preparation and nutrition, customer service, ordering and cost control.
- Ensure the kitchen is staffed appropriately.
- Support, motivate and develop team members and volunteers; evaluating and monitoring colleague performance and identify training and development needs.
- Maintain all records in relation to Health & Safety, Food Safety and other relevant policy and legislation; ensuring compliance in all the required areas.
- Develop and maintain all records and systems relating to ordering and receiving supplies, stock control, and customer satisfaction.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a catering environment.
- Demonstrable experience of food handling and delivery of freshly prepared food for large groups.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Numerate and literate with basic IT skills.
- Understanding of the needs of people from diverse social/cultural/racial backgrounds.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Chef / Catering Team Leader – Housing Association
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.