- Pay Rate:
£11.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Sunday, 09:00 – 17:00 – shifts
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary CCTV Operative x2 – Safety & Security
Reference no: Dorset 5204865
The candidate will be required to undertake shift working which may include working days, evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
To contribute to the safety and security of people and assets through monitoring and use of CCTV images, radio communications and telephony services.
- To monitor CCTV images and radio communications following prescribed procedures and taking appropriate actions as necessary.
- To provide radio and telephony services, following prescribed procedures and taking appropriate actions as necessary.
- To produce and maintain accurate records and databases of relevant information and ensure faults with equipment are recorded and actioned for rectification.
- To undertake reviewing of CCTV images to assist the Council and clients of the service.
- To undertake shift working which may include working days, evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Benchmark of 3 GCSE's (or equivalent) including Maths and English, at Grade C or above, or able to demonstrate relevant experience
- SIA Public Space Surveillance (CCTV) Licence
- Previous experience in CCTV or a similar role e.g. security/ military
- Proven experience of working effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Proven experience of handling sensitive information whilst maintaining strict confidentiality
- Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- Awareness and knowledge of local services and locations. (Bridport, Dorchester, Weymouth and Portland)
- Ability to work under pressure, alone and to remain calm
- Good interpersonal skills and sufficient stamina to deal with challenging situations
- Good visual, observational, spatial and memory skills
- Ability to compile and communicate accurate descriptions of persons and vehicles
- Flexibility in working shifts / unsociable hours
- ICT Skills: IT literate in Microsoft applications and able to use other bespoke software (training for bespoke software will be provided)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary CCTV Operative x2 – Safety & Security
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.