- Pay Rate:
£9.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 11 months
Temporary Catering Assistant
Job Ref: Durham 7475213672560
To assist in the day to day delivery of the Catering Service providing assistance in the cooking and preparation of food, the serving of meals and ensuring the work environment complies with food hygiene regulations and relevant Health and Safety standards
- Undertake the basic preparation, cooking and serving of food and beverages including the recording of food temperatures
- Setting up of the dining/cafe area including the cleaning of tables etc
- Packing meals for transport to other locations where appropriate
- Transportation of meals between kitchen and the serving / dining area as necessary.
- Preparation of other service points as necessary e.g. trolley service/shop/kiosk.
- Assistance with the service of meals and refreshments (including bar services) as required
- Clearance of the dining area and other service points after meal service.
- General kitchen duties to include washing up and cleaning of equipment, cupboards, surfaces etc.
- Assist with the administration, collection, reconciliation and security of monies relating to the service including till operation and the operation of cashless systems where appropriate.
- To assist with computer based activities commensurate with the post to include data entry / accessing the computer based food ordering system, requisitioning etc
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- Knowledge of catering equipment usage
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety requirements
- Relevant experience in catering
- Relevant experience of cash handling
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or on own initiative
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Catering Assistant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.