- Pay Rate:
£17.82 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
22 Monday – Friday
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Temporary Category Manager - Finance
Reference no: Wrexham RQ600122
An experienced Category Manager is required to undertake some identified specific projects. Experience in the following areas would be considered beneficial: Housing, ICT and Planning.
To assist procurement activity by driving forward innovative procurement strategies and best practice. This will include implementing and delivering increased improvement and efficiency from the Authority’s buying activities.
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the Category Manager will develop value for money outcomes by delivering and advising on a portfolio of category contracts and frameworks.
In addition, the individual will support the implementation of a number of cross cutting procurement initiatives, including the roll out of P2P, the adoption of e sourcing, plus, the embedding of best practice recommendations resulting from local sourcing considerations, the regional collaborative agenda and from the drive to increase procurement capability and efficiency.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplying: CIPS membership (or working towards)
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of successfully engaging with others, building positive relationships with a variety of communities, partner organisations, private sector providers, Government, public agencies and statutory authorities
- Ability to communicate clearly, appropriately, and effectively in a range of situations including meetings, on a one-to-one with individuals and on the telephone
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement principles, concepts and techniques, including Framework Agreements and Dynamic Purchasing Systems
- Experience in all aspects of the Public procurement/tendering process including produces and determines contract specifications
- Experience in developing and managing procurement and contracts for services
- Knowledge of all aspects of contract management and control
- Knowledge of and experience of using procurement methods and contract administration
- Knowledge of project and performance management techniques used to monitor and develop programmes and contracts
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Category Manager – Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.