- Pay Rate:
£13.58 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
14, Monday – Friday, part-time hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Islington, London,
Temporary Caretaker - Mobile Relief (PT)
Reference no: Islington RQ806186
Pay Rate: £13.58 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Candidates are required to bring in photo ID on their first day. Candidates will need to provide their own safety boots and safety hat.
A Caretaker is needed to carry out cleaning and other estate duties in partnership with the needs of residents and in accordance with management direction.
To work flexibly, alone or with other caretakers to provide an excellent caretaker service on estates as circumstances require.
- Provide relief caretaking duties on various estates across all areas, as directed by managers, often at short notice.
- Work with other caretaking staff to carry out tasks identified by supervisors or managers, on various estates.
- Assist managers or supervisors in the distribution of stores & equipment, including loading and unloading estate services vehicles.
- The completion of daily management control information and other documentation as required.
- Keeping records of complaints made by tenants and reporting cases of fire, burglary, flood, and other important incidents to the area office/housing department as required.
- Reporting contravening of tenancy regulations by tenants.
- Reporting of abandoned vehicles/illegal parking on the estate and liaising with estate services officers and contractors as necessary.
- Maintaining the lighting of communal areas.
- Keeping keys for communal parts, meter cupboard, vacant dwellings, vacant pram sheds etc.
- Taking appropriate action in respect of repairs or damage in cases of emergency, including the calling out of police, fire, and ambulance services, etc. During normal working hours.
- Maintain clean and tidy lodges as and when required or directed.
- Custody of and responsibility for the stores, tools, plant, and equipment when covering a patch.
- Carry out minor repairs to communal area as directed or as required in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Report and remove offensive graffiti as directed within agreed timescales.
- Establishing and maintaining a good relationship with tenants on behalf of the client, giving advice and assistance especially to the aged and infirm, dealing with complaints, problems, etc. Referring outstanding issues to the area office or other designated housing department officers.
- Report and remove where possible, lumber to designated collection points on estates, daily.
- Accompany prospective tenants to visit flats when available.
- Carry out and ensure estate cleaning frequencies are maintained.
- Ensure all the services within the area(s) of responsibility are provided in accordance with the organisation’s commitment to customer care and high-quality service provision to users.
- Carry out normal estate liaison duties, e.g., refuse collection, gas, and electrical services etc.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Some experience of cleaning or caretaker duties (paid/unpaid).
- A reasonable standard of literacy and numeracy when supplying brief reports on the background action taken in respect of any emergencies or unusual occurrences.
- Displays an awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people. and or vulnerable adults.
- Ability to carry out cleaning duties while working alone or in teams.
- Ability to negotiate a congenial paired working arrangements with an assigned caretaker.
- Ability to react to and deal with emergency situations e.g. fire, flood and lift breakdowns and complaints of disrepair.
- Ability to take care of estate tools, equipment, keys to various communal facilities and any keys to void properties which may be issued to caretakers from time to time.
- Ability to communicate with residents to provide necessary advice and assistance.
- Ability to carry out minor communal repairs within Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weathers whilst coping with the physical demands of the job. That is being physically able to lift and move heavy items of equipment, e.g., moving full (wheeled) paladin bins without assistance and lifting and moving items of household lumber with assistance if necessary.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Caretaker - Mobile Relief (PT)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.