- Pay Rate:
£14.42 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- CAMDEN, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Caretaker – Estate Services
Reference no: Camden RQ607149
Standard DBS disclosure required
The Caretaking Service plays a significant role in Housing Management’s ambitions for creating and maintaining a safe community/estate to support the health and wellbeing of residents. The role supports this by providing a visible presence and trusted service in the delivery of a flexible, responsive high quality caretaking service on our housing estates and the small number of street properties who receive this provision. Ensuring a high standard of cleanliness to internal elements of residential buildings in addition to the external areas within the parameters of an estate.
The service also involves a wide and varied range of responsibilities that includes overseeing the performance of waste management, grounds maintenance and managing health and safety issues, working with the Council’s various service teams and contractors through to supporting first responders in any given emergency. This service is further complimented by the resident staff who in addition to their role, provide an out of hour’s emergency service at night and at weekends.
Caretakers are highly valued by residents who perceive them as the face of the Council and the first line of contact for advice and support by members of the community. In particular, those residents who choose to live independently yet require additional support via the Caretaker offer.
Flexibility to adapt and make informed decisions in challenging situations is critical for this role. The post holder will be required to work creatively and effectively alone, with their team colleagues, officers and other stakeholders to maintain high quality customer outcomes and able to influence this process.
The service is further complimented by a number of caretaking staff who are resident, who in addition to their role, provide an out of hours emergency service at night and at weekend. This post is therefore, subject to a DBS check at recruitment stage.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of communicating effectively both verbally and in writing with residents, contractors, colleagues, elected members, contractors etc.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work on both own initiative with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Experience of prioritising and planning conflicting workloads on a regular basis in order to meet deadlines and set targets.
- Ensuring that customer care standards are adhered to at all times.
- Ability to undertake manual handling duties and other physical demands required of the role on a daily basis.
- Ability to carry out health and safety inspections of building and take appropriate action.
- Basic IT and associated skills.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Full current UK driving licence - desirable
- Ability to drive a tug to transport refuse bins to a collection point if required.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Caretaker – Estate Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.