- Pay Rate:
Up to £10.19 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Caretaker – Corporate Property
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5213413
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To carry out janitorial, caretaking and cleaning tasks in the establishment as required. To liaise with site representatives regarding any tasks associated with caretaking and cleaning duties.
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant County policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies.
- Suction cleaning of carpeted areas
- Mop sweeping of hard floors
- Damp mopping of hard floors as required
- Clean toilet, urinals, washbasins; wet mop floors daily
- General dusting to include desks, furniture, chairs and ledges
- Machine buff (if trained) hard floors as necessary
- High level dusting (appropriate equipment will be supplied)
- Replenish disposable products and clean dispensers
- Ensure that equipment is used and stored in the appropriate manner.
- Ensure that cleaning materials are used correctly to the manufactures recommendations and stored appropriately.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of communicating effectively both verbally and in writing with residents, contractors, colleagues, elected members, contractors etc.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work on both own initiative with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Experience of prioritising and planning conflicting workloads on a regular basis in order to meet deadlines and set targets.
- Ensuring that customer care standards are adhered to at all times.
- Ability to undertake manual handling duties and other physical demands required of the role on a daily basis.
- Ability to carry out health and safety inspections of building and take appropriate action.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Caretaker – Corporate Property
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.