- Pay Rate:
£12.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Job Ref: RQ612304
Open and Close multiple building on Langtons Estate. Set up rooms ready for ceremonies/function etc
- Set and re-set lighting and heating time-clocks, change light bulbs in hard to reach areas. Read gas, electricity and water meters as directed.
- Promptly remove graffiti to buildings and structures including reporting vandalism.
- Report repairs and liaise with the Technical team about any works required and any other matters that require attention within the organisation’s priority guidelines.
- Carry out minor internal redecoration of communal areas
- Maintain records and timesheets as appropriate. Order and maintain supplies of materials appropriate to the caretaking tasks.
- Undertake minor repairs and maintenance to communal areas and facilities.
- Carry out visual inspections of estates, reporting to the Neighbourhood Team Leader on the progress of all contractors including gardening, waste and cleansing services.
- Keep internal, external communal areas and other designated areas clean and free of litter.
- Empty litterbins and keep bin stores clean and tidy.
- Clear leaves, moss and litter from roadways and footpaths on council property
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
- General knowledge with regard to cleaning and garden machinery and its use
- Previous experience of using chemical cleaning agents
- General DIY skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.