- Pay Rate:
£13.58 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- ISLINGTON, LONDON,
Job Ref: RQ602906
Standard DBS required
The carrying out of management, cleaning and other estate duties in accordance with the Housing Department’s Revised Caretaking Quality Management Scheme
- Reporting to Caretaker Manager/Asst Caretaker Manager, liaising with Management and Staff at the Area Office.
- The completion of daily management control information and other documentation as required.
- Keeping records of complaints made by tenants and reporting cases of fire, burglary, flood and other important incidents to the Area Office/Housing Department as required.
- Collecting keys when flats are vacated and visiting these properties periodically while they are vacant.
- Reporting contravening of tenancy regulations by tenants.
- Reporting of abandoned vehicles/illegal parking on the estates and liaising with Estate Service Officers and contractors as necessary.
- Maintaining the lighting of communal areas.
- Keeping keys for communal parts, meter cupboard, vacant dwellings, vacant pram sheds, etc.
- Taking appropriate action in respect of repairs or damage in cases of emergency, including the calling out of police, fire and ambulance services, etc., during normal working hours.
- Custody of an overall responsibility for the estate stores, tools, plant and equipment
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Some experience of cleaning or caretaking duties
- Ability to carry out cleaning duties
- Ability to deal with complaints of disrepair
- Ability to react and deal with emergency situations, eg fire, flood and lift breakdowns
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.