- Pay Rate:
£14.95 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- STOKE ON TRENT,
Full Job Title: Care Brokerage Advisor x2 – Adult Services
Reference no: Stoke 5208397
To provide an effective and efficient personalised commissioning (care brokerage) service for all users of the service (children looked after and vulnerable or elderly adults) in the sourcing and securing placements and care packages.
Care brokers will be managed in small teams with a focus on either children or adults, although there is an expectation that post-holders will be knowledgeable and flexible to work across both cohorts.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge and awareness of social care services for children and / or adults
- To be educated to level 3 qualification/equivalent
- Understanding of commissioning and contracting approaches
- To know what good value for money is for a placement for children and / or adults and to know when to challenge a price
- To have a thorough knowledge of the care market for children and/or adults
- Good level of awareness of Children’s and Adult Social Care Services and legislation.
- Experience of using financial and performance systems and tools.
- Experience of using a PC and Microsoft suite including databases and case management systems. Understand LAS and LCS, as appropriate, or be prepared to train and become proficient in the use of Liquid Logic.
- Experience of successfully engaging with others and building positive relationships with others.
- Experience of working to deadlines in a high pressurised environment
- Experience of analysing and summarising complex information
- Ability to update individual placement agreements accurately.
- Skills & Abilities:
- To negotiate prices with providers, when going away from a framework, to ensure value for money and to know when to escalate
- Ability to manage difficult conversations with residents, families and professionals, where needed, to gain understanding of assessed need where this is not clear and to be able to offer viable alternatives
- Ability to analyse and summarise complex information
- Ability and confidence to query/challenge recommendations from social workers where alternative/cheaper service exist that could meet the resident’s outcomes.
- Ability to challenge and negotiate with providers.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Willingness to work outside of normal working hours if required
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Care Brokerage Advisor x2 – Adult Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.