- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
30 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Care Assistant
Job Ref: RQ613770
Support of people using a service for adults with care and support needs
- To assist and support people using the service with personal care and physical tasks e.g. assistance with dressing, washing, bathing and with meals
- Social duties (e.g. talking and helping people using the service to maintain contact with family, friends and community, and recreation) aimed at creating a supporting atmosphere where people using the service can achieve maximum independence. Encourage and assist people using the service with individual and group social and therapeutic activities of the service.
- To participate in the normal domestic tasks connected with the daily routine of the service and the personal needs of the people using the service.
- To enter details of incidents and events occurring during a period of duty in the appropriate records, and to report verbally to the senior member of staff on duty before leaving the premises.
- To report and record significant matters in the lives of people using the service in accordance with the department’s policy to Access to Records.
- To maintain and update care plans and risk assessments with people using the service and senior staff on duty
- To distribute/administer medication as instructed
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree level or equivalent e.g. NVQ level 4 &/or relevant experience
- An understanding of the rights and needs of people with a disability
- Previous experience in similar role
- Proven ability to write and record essential information clearly and accurately
- An ability to be flexible in helping to meet the needs of the establishment
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Care Assistant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.