- Pay Rate:
£9.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, 7:00am - 3:00pm; 3:00pm - 11:00pm; 11:00pm - 7:00am
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Car Park Attendant–Parking Services
Reference no: Sunderland 2022 AGY 88
Pay rate: £9.79 per hour PAYE
The post-holder will carry out duties in Council car parks in relation to parking operations in an efficient and effective manner and also deliver an excellent customer service, liaising with members of the public and providing information, advice and guidance on parking operations in a courteous manner.
- Manage the parking and traffic operations within the designated area
- Assist clients in their vehicles as they move and navigate, ensuring order and safety in the parking lot
- Interact with the public and provide good customer service
- Undertake cleaning duties when necessary
- Carry out basic office duties
- Responsible for basic barrier and machine maintenance
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of dealing with the public
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Respectful and valuing attitude to people who are vulnerable
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Flexible approach to work
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Competency with Microsoft Office suite and ability to use database systems effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work flexibly and meet the demands of the service
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Car Park Attendant–Parking Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.