- Pay Rate:
£16.62 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Stratford, London,
Temporary CAD Technician – IT Services
Reference no: LLDC 0006 0C03 / 1
Hybrid working – 2 days in the office
The purpose of the role is to manage multiple requests across the organisation for drawings and graphics for specific projects related to the built environment. These projects vary from physical construction, asset and estate management, procurement processes, guidance and policy documents and the storage of this information in a georeferenced or archive system.
- Receive and process requests for CAD or digital information
- Producing graphic information and drawings with the agreed timescales
- Working with document controllers to organize, label, archive, and geo reference key information for easy access.
- Work collaboratively with others in the team and across the organisation to develop and deliver projects.
- Demonstrating a commitment to valuing diversity and inclusion and to contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working with design teams (architects, landscape architects, urban design, planning) or within a design office to produce drawings and graphics.
- Experience of estate or asset management requirements would be desirable.
- Experience of production of technical drawings, details, infographics.
- Understanding of document management and GIS.
- Understanding (through lived/work experience) of how inclusive buildings and places (built environment) can be created with multiple community/environmental benefits.
Skills & Abilities:
- Digital packages – CAD (Microstation), Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- Time management, collaboration, technical understanding of drawings e.g. demise plans, construction drawings, planning drawings, technical reports for engineering, landscape architecture, architecture, asset management.
- Understanding of design processes such as the RIBA stages of work or planning applications
- Understand mapping.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary CAD Technician – IT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.