- Pay Rate:
£16.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Business Support Officer x2
Job Ref: RQ587623
To provide a comprehensive, professional, proactive, customer focused business support service to the organisation, enabling services to meet their statutory and legal obligations and our Borough Plan
- To demonstrate flexibility, teamwork and the ability to work under your own initiative in a highly pressured working environment. To work as part of the business support team to ensure excellent front-line customer service delivery. To work as part of the wider SEN Service team to ensure the BiBorough’s customer service is considered excellent.
- To work cohesively with the SEN Service, to ensure the effective coordination, administration and delivery of the statutory and non-statutory SEN Panels, which will include the identification and collation of the correct information for Panels and gathering advice and information from professional sources. The Panel process requires creating and maintaining a rota of attendees and the management of room bookings and the collation and distribution of all relevant documents in a timely manner for Panel members, which will include photocopying and/or electronic transfer adhering to GDPR regulations. This will include the preparation of agendas and minutes. This will include the recording of information and advice onto all appropriate SEN case management system(s) which is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- As part of the SEN Panels process, accurate recording and maintenance of panel Excel spreadsheets is critical. This will include (1) To ensure all documentation is copied correctly and provided to all panel members in a timely manner (2) To ensure the statutory SEN Service panels outcomes/decisions are reported correctly, are circulated out to the relevant professionals and updates completed on the SEN Systems promptly
- To open and circulate and scan (where required) incoming post to the relevant team or individuals. To monitor the SEN email in-box and upload the necessary documentation to the appropriate SEN case management system(s). This includes alerting the SEN Team Manager/Senior SEN Practitioner/EHC Assessment and Review Co-Ordinator or SEN Case Officer of correspondence, with particular attention to complaints, legal correspondence or queries from parents, carers, schools or other stakeholders received.
- To be the main point of contact for the SEN Service and the assigned SEN Team either by telephone or email. This will include responding to calls in a calm and efficient manner, which will include putting calls through to the correct person or taking accurate notes and providing detailed information to enable a prompt response is provided to the caller or correspondent. As the main point of contact, a key responsibility will be to signpost callers to the correct destination or information point
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- To a good GCSE standard
- Experience of working in a fast-paced business support role, including the use of Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other business related tools
- Experience, or knowledge of, the SEND Code of Practice and special educational needs
- The ability to communicate at a high level both verbally and in writing to a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work under your own initiative in a highly pressured working environment
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Officer x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.