- Pay Rate:
£12.02 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Kingston upon Thames,
Temporary Business Support Officer - Adult Social Care
Reference no: Kingston RQ608641
Hybrid working - will be a requirement to come on site to Guildhall complex in Kingston at least once a week, alongside working from home.
The post holder will contribute to the delivery of that vision by providing a co-ordinated, consistent and high quality Business Support service for the effective delivery of Council Services.
- Undertake a range of tasks in support of key projects in accordance with RBK’s project management methodology, including supporting project team meetings, updating project plans and maintaining risk logs and other documentation.
- Provide a comprehensive business support service to a range of teams and functions with Adult’s Social Care including Short, Medium and Long-term teams, Adult Safeguarding, Occupational Therapy and Central Team.
- Checks all relevant financial assessment information is gathered correctly and ensures that all customers are charged accurately.
- Provides effective hand-off or escalation, where required, to the relevant teams through the appropriate use of technology.
- Provides a comprehensive business support service to teams and professional officers within Children’s Social Care, including Looked After Children, Children’s Safeguarding, Child Protection and Fostering, Adoption and Placements.
- Administers Child Protection Conferences and reviews, ensuring adherence to standards and statutory requirements, and supports the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB).
- Maintain statutory lists including Children subject to a Child Protection Plan and people considered to be a risk to children in Kingston, liaising with relevant partner organisations and ensuring strict confidentiality.
- Provide a range of dedicated support activities to social workers and other professional staff in Children’s Safeguarding and Looked After Children’s Teams.
- Support housing allocations and resettlement activities including servicing the panel and Management Transfer Panel for emergency tenant transfers.
- Provide Homelessness and Temporary Accommodation Business Support, liaising with a number of external services and bodies including landlords, medical professionals and foreign embassies, and organising multi-agency professionals meetings.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Taking minutes at meetings, inbox management, processing invoices/raising purchase orders – desirable.
ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Officer - Adult Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.