- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Business Support Officer / Admin – Adult Social Care Commissioning
Reference no: Bournemouth 5207745
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A Business Support Officer is required who will be responsible for providing a high-quality administration service to the Adult Social Care Transformation and Integration team and the wider Commissioning Services.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook.
- Planning and organisational skills, particularly co-ordinating processes.
- Co-ordination and collection of data from a variety of sources to be used by others.
- Analysis and manipulation of data or calculations, highlighting and prioritising any issues for further investigation or action.
- Collate, organise and edit material for inclusion in reports and documents.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Experience of managing and maintaining senior manager’s diaries.
- Preparation of non-standard documentation and/or the integration of software applications.
- Experience of supporting projects using Excel and / or project tools to monitor, maintain and update data.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to a minimum of 2 A Levels or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in administration, working in a busy office environment.
- Previous experience of using financial systems to process invoices and payments.
- Experience using MS Outlook for diary management.
- Minute taking skills and experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, prioritising your workload with minimum supervision, with the ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible approach.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel for data input, monitoring, maintaining and updating spreadsheets within timescales.
- Strong IT skills and experience using various IT software packages, MS Teams, and bespoke databases.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Must be able to travel, using public or other forms of transport where they are viable, or by holding a valid UK driving licence with access to own or pool car.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Officer / Admin - Commissioning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.