- Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hour PAYE/National Minimum Wage applies
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months minimum, possibility of temp to perm
Temporary Business Support Officer (Admin & Clerical) – Legal Services
Job Ref: Swindon RQ607700
Hybrid role: required to attend office several times a week with some scope for WFH
To work as a Business Support Officer working with the Litigation, Commercial and Adults and Children’s legal teams. You will work closely with solicitors to provide legal business support services and administrative tasks to the legal team.
- Scan, merge and convert documents, ensuring a professional presentation is achieved.
- Prepare Court Bundles.
- Obtain documents from archive and ensuring documents are in IKEN (the cases management system).
- Raise invoices, ensure cheques are logged and paid, and update the PBA account.
- Obtain and redacting Police Disclosure and providing disclosure to the Police of Children Services documents.
- Organise process server /courier for delivery of documents and organising post.
- Minute taking at meetings.
- Assist in sealing documents.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent administrative experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Legal administrative experience and ability to use IKEN (desirable).
- Minute taking skills and experience.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Business Support Officer / Admin – Legal Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.