- Pay Rate:
£10.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This assignment is for 2-3 months until further notice
Temporary Business Support Officer (Admin/Clerical)
Reference no: Darlington 6336213514047
A Business Support Officer is needed to support the Children’s Safeguarding Unit. Duties to include all expected administration duties but taking minutes at Children's Safeguarding Conferences is an essential part of the role.
- Copy typing from notes, including completing standardised templates.
- Undertake the co-ordination of public information and literature, ensuring stock levels are maintained and in date.
- Carry out routine invoicing, creating purchase orders (including orders for non-routine items), handling of petty cash and taking payments.
- Provide a reception facility, acting as the first point of contact, dealing with enquiries, ensuring that they are dealt with effectively and efficiently including responding to direct queries.
- Be responsible for goods receipts, invoice coding, and dealing with associated queries.
- Monitor, authorise and audit financial processes and undertake relevant financial monitoring.
- Be responsible for inputting and updating records both manually and electronically on multiple systems, including extracting required information.
- Deal with enquiries by telephone and face to face and ensure that they are dealt with effectively and efficiently, e.g., answering queries that require an understanding of the situation and an appropriate response, signposting and taking messages where appropriate. This may include dealing with enquiries outside of the office environment including promotions, events, and court preparation.
- Input, complete and update both manual and electronic standard format data, checking the correct information is provided, chasing missing data and providing a basic analysis of the information.
- Population and creation of spreadsheets, which should include the creation and use of complex formula, extracting detailed information as required and providing basic analysis of the information.
- Coordinate multiple dairy planning for the Senior Management Team and other senior managers, including entering multiple and complex engagements/meetings into electronic diaries.
- Be responsible to proactively keep diaries up to date with all changes, including last minute changes each day to ensure an up-to-date record is maintained.
- Management of multiple room bookings including inviting attendees and distribution of notes.
- Carry out creative typing as required, including the interpretation of notes and the creation of letters, tables and templates.
- Take verbatim / safeguarding case notes at meetings as required, including multi agency meetings.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Understanding of computer systems and competency in Office Applications e.g., MS Word/Excel and office packages.
- Previous clerical experience and knowledge of clerical systems and procedures.
- Experience of dealing with enquiries from a range of people.
- Experience of taking accurate notes of meetings.
- Ability to apply accurate literacy and numeracy skills to include spelling, grammar, punctuation, percentages, and decimals.
- Ability to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a range of audiences.
- Able to deal confidently with members of the public, colleagues, members, and external organisations.
- Able to deal with invoices in accordance with council procedures and carry out relevant audit requirements.
- Ability to take verbatim notes.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Officer (Admin/Clerical)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.