- Pay Rate:
£14.34 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Romford, Essex,
Temporary Business Support Officer (Admin & Clerical)
Reference no: Havering RQ786249
Pay Rate: £14.34 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A Business Support Officer is needed to contribute to the development of the Business Support Team ‘service offer’, helping to professionalise and future-proof administrative and support services by participating in task-finish working groups.
- Provide high quality, consistent, efficient, and effective support services within agreed (and often stretched) timescales.
- Prioritise workload in the face of competing demands and a pressurised working environment, often supporting multiple front-line teams and projects.
- Maintain, update and quality assure various IT systems and records, ensuring consistency, accuracy, and quality of data.
- Providing bespoke analysis reports often drawing upon a complex dataset.
- Provide high quality self-directed administrative support, checking own work and proactively looking to raise standards and improve consistency across the team.
- Provide high quality specialist support such as minute-taking to allocated meetings/Panels, ensuring that they operate in accordance with all legal and internally agreed standards and procedures.
- Be the nominated ‘subject matter expert’ lead for at least two appropriate corporate functions such as HR, Finance, IT, Complaints etc.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of dealing with correspondence for the team or service in a timely, consistent, and professional manner.
- Experience of interpreting, analysing, and dealing with sensitive information and data.
- Excellent experience of at least two of the following functions: HR, Finance, IT, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, Research, Project Management and Commissioning.
- Experience of working in a complex project management environment.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast paced, results-focused environment without compromising accuracy.
- Excellent experience of administration and organisation of meetings, including writing formal minutes.
- Experience of financial management processes including paying and reconciling invoices, and creating, updating, and reconciling spreadsheets.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite and other IT applications.
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced, complex project management and matrix management environment (where work is allocated by multiple task managers).
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external agencies by phone, email, letters, and face to face.
- Desirable to have subject matter expertise and knowledge of areas within the Service Area such as LAC, CP, MASH.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Officer (Admin & Clerical)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.