- Pay Rate:
£ 14.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months.
Temporary Business Support Officer- Admin & Clerical
Reference no: Lewisham 0006 0B4B / 1
Basic DBS required for this role
The post-holder will deliver high-volume, routine administrative tasks within the corporate business support service and provide a comprehensive reception function as required in order to support the effective and efficient delivery of Council services.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing post (including via electronic systems)
- File records in an accurate and timely fashion and maintain electronic or paper filing systems
- Photocopy, fax and scan documents to ensure information can be distributed to intended recipients
- Collate, print and distribute documents or materials as required
- Take accurate notes at meetings or other events, ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Raise Purchase Orders (PO’s) and process invoices
- Undertake data collection from a variety of sources to support the provision of management information.
- Support the organisation of induction and training sessions for new staff (within services and the corporate business support service)
- Manage routine enquiries from customers via telephone, face-to-face, web or email
- Maintain and update customer information on systems and databases (including setting up cases)
- Take payments from customers in accordance with Council financial regulations.
- Arrange payments to customers via prepaid cards, BACS transfer or other mechanisms in accordance with Council financial regulations.
- Prepare cases, files and related documents for approval and review
- Book appointments for customers using the Council’s electronic room booking system
- Produce and distribute public information materials
- Book interpretation and translation services as requested (including liaising with provider)
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent or NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience of providing a high-quality and comprehensive administrative service, delivering core business processes to agreed performance standards
- Previous minute taking experience
- Experience of dealing effectively with the public
- Experience in handling confidential issues in an effective manner
- Confident user of ICT packages (Microsoft packages )and core business ICT systems (including but not limited to ICS/ IAS, Meridio)
- Knowledge of administrative and business support processes
- Working knowledge of one or more of the core services supported by the relevant business support hub
- Awareness of financial procedures and regulations
- Awareness of Health & Safety Regulations
- A good understanding of good customer contact processes
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to deliver a wide range of administrative, business support and customer contact processes
- Ability to work effectively under supervision, delivering allocated tasks and work priorities within a changing environment to meet deadlines on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to maintain discretion with dealing with confidential information
- Ability to prioritise the workload and ensure immediate problems are speedily processed
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Officer- Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.