- Pay Rate:
£15.64 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Kensington, London,
Temporary Business Support Officer (Admin and Clerical)
Reference no: K&C 5222233
Pay Rate: £15.64 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS required for this role
A Business Support Officer is needed to provide Executive Assistant Support to the Head of Resident Safety & Repairs, Assistant Directors & Director of Housing Management.
To support the Directorate with daily operational and administrative duties as well as facilitating other areas of the department as required.
- Manage diaries for the Head of Resident Safety & Repairs; Assistant Directors and the Director, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, arranging meetings, travel, organising meeting spaces, and ensuring these are well facilitated.
- Carrying out various administrative duties around meetings such as minute taking, sharing agendas, providing necessary documents to attendees, and ensuring governance processes are met.
- Work with the complaints team to ensure all complaints and councillors queries relevant to the directorate are managed effectively and within timescales.
- Liaise with key officers, Councillors, staff, residents, and external agencies on behalf of the Directorate.
- Work with HR to support recruitment. Ensure that HR processes are followed. Assist with the end-to-end recruitment process from business case approval through to interview, appointment details, and on boarding.
- Monitor and update the progress of service plans across the Directorate including preparing regular updated plans the Housing Management Team (HMT).
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of all clerical and administrative support systems and processes for the Directorate.
- Update internal office information promptly whenever staff changes occur, including information kept for Health and Safety purposes and keep other staff in the Directorate updated on administrative matters when necessary.
- Use office IT systems and applications effectively to manage the process of archiving files/documents and maintenance of appropriate records in line with data protection and confidentiality principles.
- Take responsibility for understanding and continually increasing your knowledge of the function and purpose of the work of all sections within the office and the wider context in which it functions.
- Perform any other ad hoc duties relevant to the role that may arise such as managing general secretarial services, photocopying, note taking, massage taking, response/report writing, answering, and screening inbound emails and phone calls, etc.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Previous experience as an executive support assistant/PA.
- Experience in a social housing environment is preferable but not essential.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills are a must.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills and proficiency across MS suite.
- Clear communication skills.
- Capable of managing a diverse workload and keeping up to date with multiple tasks concurrently.
- Able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in a friendly and professional manner.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Officer (Admin and Clerical)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.