- Pay Rate:
£9.18 per hour PAYE/National Minimum Wage applies
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Middlewich, Cheshire,
Temporary Business Support Officer (Admin and Clerical)
Reference no: ANSA 5224183
Pay Rate: £9.18 per hour PAYE/National Minimum Wage applies
A Business Support Officer is needed to provide reception, clerical and administrative support to the Waste & Street Cleansing, Parks & Grounds and Fleet Services ensuring that administrative processes related to the work of the team are effectively and efficiently delivered.
- Efficient and effective use of information technology relative to the service including MS office applications, IBS systems, bespoke systems, and the internet.
- Maintain data bases, update records, generate work and information reports including the placement of orders, issuing of invoices and responding to external email requests.
- Receive, answer and deal with face-to-face and telephone enquiries from the public, outside organisations and internal clients, to provide accurate information and excellent customer service, referring callers on only where matters require the personal attention of a team member.
- Undertake clerical and administrative duties, predominantly relating to Waste & Street Cleansing, Parks & Grounds and Fleet Services, including management of paperwork for motor-related insurance claims, update of daily work sheets and route risk assessments.
- Ensuring that all correspondence and texts are dealt with promptly and to a high standard of presentation and that service standards are met or exceeded.
- Organise and carry out procedures for ordering and checking financial transactions for the team, including hire of vehicles as required, to ensure that supplies and financial records are maintained efficiently.
- Reconciliation of income, preparation of banking for submission to accounts, accurate input of work costings into the corporate systems including time sheets and holidays.
- Organise meetings and other events involving team members, if required attend, take notes, and arrange and monitor subsequent follow up actions to ensure efficient and timely dispatch of business.
- Engage with service users, including preparation, distribution and analysis of questionnaires relating to the service; and contribution to campaigns and promotions, including planning and assisting in events and the effective delivery of Services.
- Develop and maintain accurate recording systems and a comprehensive filing system, in order to provide efficient and readily-accessible sources of information and accurate statistics.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum qualification GCSE at grade C and above in English and Maths or equivalent.
- Level 2 RSA word processing or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of working within an office environment.
- Experience of carrying out administration work.
- Knowledge of current environmental issues and a demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with other departments.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and Oracle.
- Effective administration and communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Self-reliance and confidence in difficult confrontational situations.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with enquiries by telephone or in person.
- Report writing.
- Flexible attitude and can-do attitude.
- Organisation and attention to detail.
- Effective IT skills.
- Accuracy and speed are required in data inputting.
- Ability to build a rapport with customers.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Officer (Admin and Clerical)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.