- Pay Rate:
£13 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary Business Support Assistant– Admin & Clerical
Reference no: Thurrock RQ657869
Pay rate: £13 per hour PAYE
The post-holder will provide business support to Community Development and Equalities Team to administer the Community Environmental Development Fund (CEDF).
- Provide business support to the Community Development and Equalities Team
- Provide specific business support through the delivery, monitoring and administration of the Community Environmental Development Fund grants programmes managed by the service.
- Deal with telephone, correspondence, and face to face enquiries from colleagues, partner organisations, elected members, residents and others.
- Work effectively with colleagues, partner organisations, elected members, residents and others.
- Prepare agendas, take and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Set up and co-ordinate meetings including the availability of attendees.
- Be proficient in using database applications.
- Type letters, reports and minutes.
- Maintain filing systems and electronic systems.
- Collect, screen and distribute post.
- Coordinate any other business-support duties i.e. sending out information, faxing, photocopying, ordering, researching on request of the Community Development and Equalities Team.
- Process and monitor purchase orders and financial information on behalf of the team.
- Liaise with other staff throughout the council to achieve team targets.
- Maintain electronic diaries where necessary and to assist in maximising the efficient use of time.
- Carry out any other duties reasonably falling within the remit of the post
- Be flexible recognising the need to work some evenings or weekends where necessary
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Awareness of administrative / clerical practices and procedures
- Minute taking experience
- Understanding of administration of grants programmes or schemes
- Experience of setting up and administering a document management system
- Experience of using the Council’s Objective software
- Experience of working within local government
- Experience of grant administration
Skills & Abilities:
- High standard of written & verbal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels and deal with correspondence, enquiries and visitors in a polite and informative manner
- Ability to work flexibly and meet the demands of the service
- Ability to use office equipment e.g. photocopier, fax etc for scanning and copying information.
- Ability to keep accurate records and produce information as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to use own initiative and manage own workload
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Assistant– Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.