- Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hour PAYE/National Minimum Wage applies
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Temporary Business Support Assistant
Job Ref: RQ609883
The purpose of the post is to support the effective day to day running of the function/department, and provide full administrative support to the team
- To be the point of contact for internal and external range of contacts of the Department in relation to matters pertaining to services provided by the Department. This will include dealing with visitors, telephone enquiries and the taking and passing of messages as appropriate, dealing with email enquiries and identifying and responding to customer queries/needs in accordance with Customer Service and departmental standards.
- To be responsible for the collation, input and retention of accurate data and information into electronic and manual Departmental Systems. To include data retrieval, extraction and presentation to senior colleagues for reports and other purposes.
- To be responsible for development of accurate local databases/spread sheets/systems under direction of the manager and to run routine standard/ template reports from systems and data bases, meeting deadlines set by managers and colleagues
- To undertake reception cover as and when required, signposting customers, the public and other agency colleagues where appropriate providing an effective and efficient service.
- To maintain a strong network with other Departmental and wider contacts, providing advice on the service and support as appropriate within the scope of the role.
- To ensure that all relevant current information relating to the service is distributed efficiently and professionally to internal and external contacts.
- To be responsible for setting up of new electronic and manual files and systems for the Department, e.g. storage, photocopying, archiving and retrieval of closed/archived files in line with the operations of the office.
- To be responsible for the opening, sorting and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail/faxes and to assist, as delegated, with the management of email correspondence/diary of the team and colleagues.
- To be responsible for providing word processing support and basic excel support to the Department following Departmental and Corporate templates and any statutory requirements, e.g., Letters, Reports, Forms, Policies. To prepare power point presentations, written reports and correspondence on behalf of Managers and colleagues.
- To be responsible for issuing items of stationery, and reporting shortages to a more senior member of staff, maintaining any stock inventories and following office procedures
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- RSA II or III or ECDL or equivalent
- Experience of IT packages in the workplace or home
- PowerPoint – experience of
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to respond to some interruptions and adjust work priorities accordingly
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Business Support Assistant / Administrator - Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.