- Pay Rate:
£9.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Business Support Assistant
Job Ref: 5206168
Enhanced DBS required for this role
As part of the wider Business Support family, to provide flexible and resilient support to all internal and external customers across Lincolnshire County Council through provision of administrative, clerical and/or other associated supportive functions
- To work within a defined Business Support team providing support across a variety of administrative and clerical functions, including but not limited to meeting support, data entry, general office support and completion of defined service tasks. Due to the generic nature of Business Support roles the actual tasks that will be required to be carried out by the post holder will be detailed within a separate job brief, which forms part of the job description
- To provide flexible cover and support to other teams where business need occurs
- To produce notes, actions or minutes that are of a high standard in presentation, accurately recorded and the detail such meetings within agreed standards and timescales. Prepare the required documentation before and after meetings and being able to deal with sensitive information and discussions which may be emotionally challenging due to the nature of the content.
- To provide a high quality customer service to both internal and external customers and promote Equality and Diversity at all times. Co-ordinate effective communication and good working relationships with meeting, chairs and multiagency partners.
- To operate and update various LCC computer systems accurately and within defined areas of responsibility, complying with all LCC polices and within timescales.
- To support LCC's Information Governance principles and contribute towards the safe and confidential capturing, handling, transfer and storage of data
- To ensure the smooth running of the team office through provision of generic administrative support tasks such as filing, photocopying and typing.
- To undertake basic financial support including purchase orders, good receipts and invoices in accordance with relevant financial regulations.
- To take personal responsibility for completing allocated areas of work as part of individual and team objectives and identify any improvements to operational processes, making best use of LCC resources.
- Remain up to date with all training requirements of the role including but not limited to Information Governance and Safeguarding and ensure that these are implemented on a daily basis
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Apprenticeship or NVQ Level 2 Business Administration or equivalent (achievement of 80% of units and off the job training if in progress)
- Understanding of how to provide excellent customer Service
- Experience in dealing with the public either face to face, telephone written capacity
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to respond positively to change
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Assistant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.