- Pay Rate:
£10.52 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
We are looking for an experienced administrator to cover a 6 month contract within the virtual court team based n Gloucester although travel to Cheltenham maybe required to cover annual leave and Sickness.
This will be an office based role. The role requires a candidate with reception experience, good customer service and be able to deal with upset customers. In addition the role also requires data input and invoicing.
To support the delivery of a comprehensive administration and support function to the service area to meet the needs of internal and external customers. To provide administrative assistance to the department to support the contribution in meeting the business needs of the service area.
- To undertake administrative duties to support the business needs of the Team and the wider service area using, where appropriate, computer based systems, to ensure that services are maintained effectively, flexibly and in a timely way so as to enable the service area and organisation to meet it objectives
- To provide support with financial matters including electronic procurement packages, petty cash and accurate recording of purchases for budget monitoring purposes
- To facilitate meetings, seminars and workshops. Including booking rooms / venues, sending invites, preparing agendas and support for meetings as required.
- Diary management where appropriate
- To be responsible for the accurate input and monitoring of records and data onto relevant systems
- Creation and maintenance of filing and recording systems, including statistics and monitoring as appropriate
- To support a systematic approach to the archiving and appropriate disposal of information
- To respond and deal with queries via telephone, email and in person providing a high standard of customer care
- To undertake research as required
- Assist with the response to all customer enquiries and requests for data in accordance with corporate standards and agreed guidelines
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- NVQ 3 in Business Administration or appropriate equivalent qualification/experience
- Educated to GCSE level in Mathematics and English to Grade C or above
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Customer focussed internally and externally
- Experience of Microsoft Office Packages, e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent telephone skills and manner
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to use the internet in an efficient manner in finding information and undertaking research
- Commitment to team working across the service area
- Flexible approach to working and providing administrative support as required
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary Business Support Administrator – Safeguarding
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.