- Pay Rate:
£18.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Brixton, London,
Temporary Business Support Admin Officer
Reference no: Lambeth RQ605520
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide a comprehensive, professional, proactive, customer focused business support service to the organisation, enabling services to meet their statutory and legal obligations and our Borough Plan.
- Provide comprehensive business support service as required, duties may include; mailbox management, finance processing, inputting, storing and archiving of data, meeting arrangements, caseload management and note taking.
- Maintain IT systems, including local and corporate IT systems, spreadsheets, databases to be able to produce appropriate outputs, e.g. reports.
- Update IT systems to ensure that individual records are up to date with information required for statutory returns and local datasets, ensuring the data is up to date, accurate and reliable.
- To work flexibly across the service, working on a range of activity to provide proactive support to service users.
- To manage a demanding and reactive workload in a responsive way to assist the Business Support Team Leader to meet key objectives and external regulatory requirements.
- To ensure the professional delivery of established business processes such as database management to support the organisation.
- To work with colleagues and team leaders to identify areas for improvement, ensuring the support offer remains appropriate for all service users.
- Embrace new technology to support service users, to ensure that the level of support offered is flexible and in line with Lambeth’s ways of working.
- To work methodically to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Use innovative and imaginative thinking to improve service delivery.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post that may reasonably be required from time to time.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to “A” Level Standard or demonstrable relevant experience at an appropriate level.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of efficiently operating office systems
- Experience of working in a fast paced customer focused environment.
- Ability to provide efficient and effective administrative support
- Ability to deal diplomatically and confidentially with a wider range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, using problem solving skills and initiative to provide a customer focused support service.
- Ability to identify improvements to processes and systems and to share the recommendations with the wider team.
- Resilience and ability to work with sensitive and sometimes challenging information.
- Experience of using following systems: Microsoft Office, Mosaic and Oracle
- Proficient minute taker.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Admin Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.