- Pay Rate:
£10.21 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Business Support Admin Officer
Job Ref: N Yorkshire RQ682794
Pay Rate: £10.21 per hour PAYE
The post-holder will work within one of the teams in the Business Support Service, either in one of the shared service teams providing services or in a Business Support team providing support to a specific Directorate operational function
- To work to defined business standards and processes; performing a wide range of administrative tasks with due regard to confidentiality and safeguarding.
- To contribute to the recruitment process, induction and training of new staff and to carry out day to day supervision of staff as required.
- To provide advice and guidance to customers, business partners and others on processes and protocols and operational service issues, signposting to a senior manager for more complex issues.
- Undertake minute taking at high level meetings and provide an accurate record.
- Responsible for the organisation of meetings and events including booking venues, issuing invitations and papers and taking minutes.
- To create, manage and manipulate data and information whether relating to finance, staffing information, customers or any other service requirement or eligibility criteria, this will include producing bespoke and complex reports.
- Create, develop and maintain systems and processes to meet operational needs and to ensure the high quality of information held.
- To ensure relevant statutory, corporate and service deadlines are met for all areas of work including official returns.
- To undertake a range of financial management processes, including processing orders, resolving issues, budget monitoring, maintaining commitment records, reconciling accounts, handling petty cash and processing funding applications.
- To prepare papers for specialist operational meetings and panels
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 3 qualification in Business Administration or equivalent or willingness to work towards qualification
- Knowledge of using computer packages for communications and data input
- Sound knowledge of common office practice and procedures
- Experience of providing business support in a busy environment
- Experience of data input and data management ensuring accuracy and where appropriate confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing to produce documents in a range of formats and style to suit a range of audiences
- Ability to analyse, organise and present numerical data
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support Admin Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.