- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Temporary Business Support/Admin Assistant - Admin & Clerical
Reference no: Rotherham RQ646806
A Basic DBS is required for this role.
The post holder will provide business administrative support to the Events team in order to plan, organise and deliver a programme of events and activities within the town centre and the Rotherham Show.
Duties to include:
- To provide administration support for event applications received for events that take place on council land or the highway
- To support the production and distribution of promotional material and listing events on relevant websites
- To support petty cash reimbursements and for receipt of banking and reconciliation of monies in relation to events and the Rotherham Show
- To deal with customer enquiries e.g. at reception, over the telephone
- To receipt and distribute incoming post, process correspondence and send mail out
- To gather information to report back to others
- To set up and produce non-standard letters/templates/spreadsheets/documentation, update and maintain databases and produce management information
- To provide help and assistance to staff in the use of IT packages/systems
- To carry out filing, maintaining staff records, preparing documents for scanning, photocopying, faxing, arranging meetings, diary appointments, handling post, taking minutes
- To provide full support for arranging events including producing materials, booking venues, booking catering, sending out invitations
- To ensure the section complies with administrative procedures relating to Council Policies, Standing Orders, Financial Regulations by providing advice and/or administrative support
- To handle and reconcile cash in accordance with agreed procedures
- To supervise and allocate work to more junior staff
- Must be around to work on the weekend of the show
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NQF Level 2 qualification e.g. GCSEs Grades 4-9, NVQs Level 2, GNVQs Intermediate, City and Guilds Craft or Part 2, or evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer applications and ICT skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, internet and e-mail
- Experience of working in an administrative role
- Experience of providing customer service in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Experience of working to deadlines and targets
- Experience of setting up and maintaining filing and storage systems
- Experience of arranging events e.g. meetings, and producing agendas and taking minutes
- Experience of analysing and recording statistical information
- Appreciation of auditable financial procedures e.g. procurement/budget monitoring
- Experience of providing basic instruction or training to other employees on office systems
- Experience of creating and implementing new working methods and systems
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Support/Admin Assistant-Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.