- Pay Rate:
£12.26 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Business Admin Services Officer - Refugee Resettlement
Reference no: Derbyshire 5212237
Role will be working from home with some attendance (usually no more than 1 x per week)
Your role will be to support the Resettlement Coordinator by providing administrative and practical support to assist in the coordination of the County's response to resettling refugees from Ukraine and Afghanistan as well as the UK Resettlement scheme and the Vulnerable Person's Resettlement Scheme. This will involve working both internally and externally with partners. These matters can be complex and emotionally charged and require sensitive yet firm handling at a variety of levels. Good communication and organisational skills in this role will be key to delivering a successful programme of resettling refugees in the County.
- Providing support to the Coordinator to design, implement and performance manage an integrated service to support the re-settlement of Refugees across Derbyshire.
- Providing resilience to the day to day management of the various refugee resettlement schemes as the single point of contact in the absence of the Coordinator.
- Developing relationships and working effectively with the voluntary and community sector and stakeholders in relation to the programme by developing rapport, ensuring timely actions and building trust and reliability
- Handling complex, sensitive and contentious information and preparing confidential reports on behalf of the Coordinator.
- Organising and servicing routine and non-routine meetings and conferences, initiating actions arising and monitoring follow up actions as required.
- Establishing and maintaining electronic and manual filing systems that are accessible to others. Proactively dealing with all day-to-day correspondence/ telephone enquiries, and filtering information to prioritise follow-up including problem solving as required.
- Monitoring and processing information required for financial management including, completion of national claim forms, checking, sending and processing invoices for payment. Ordering services and goods in line with organisational procedures and within budgetary constraints as directed by the Coordinator. Will not have any direct responsibility for programme budget.
- Documenting lessons learned from the first phase of the programme and implementing those in planning for new intakes.
- Keeping up to date with any changes in national and regional policy and strategy and good practice and drafting guidance/briefings on behalf of the Coordinator, where appropriate, for the County Council, the Safer Derbyshire Partnership and the Partnership Group. Respond to enquiries from relevant Government departments, East Midlands Councils and other organisations as well as the County Council, as required.
- Report any real or perceived community tensions/cohesion issues which may arise in areas where refugees have been settled and engage with relevant partners, residents and wider community groups on behalf of the Coordinator.
- In conjunction with the County Council’s Corporate Communications Team prepare and distribute information for the media and communities in line with the Partnership Group’s objectives.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to NVQ 3 level in a relevant subject or equivalent level of qualification, or significant equivalent previous proven experience.
- Qualification in IT systems and software (including programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) such as ECDL or willingness to work towards this qualification.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Proven experience working as a Personal Assistant/Office Manager.
- Preparation of complex reports.
- Handling of data and sensitive information.
- Diary and events management.
- Experience of servicing and taking minutes at meetings.
- Experience of initiating and maintaining office systems.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including persuasiveness, assertiveness and sensitivity
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to produce good uquality, accurate and timely reports, correspondence and minutes
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Services Admin Officer - Refugee Resettlement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.