- Pay Rate:
£12.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Temporary Business Services Officer/Administrator - Children’s Services
Reference no: Derbyshire 5208736
Use of own vehicle & full UK driving licence required as this role will expect travel across Derbyshire to any site that may require review. Base location is Matlock, but flexibility to travel across the County at request is mandatory.
The purpose of the role is to supervise the provision of operational services where systems and process are important. Or, as expert administrators, to provide an efficient and courteous service to the public, colleagues, Councillors, MPs and other agencies.
- Where required, supervisory responsibility for a team of employees, including allocation of work.
- To monitor team or service performance and deploy assigned resources towards defined objectives and within defined limits, to ensure operational and cost efficiency.
- Perform detailed manipulation, analysis/evaluation of specialised but relatively straightforward, information or work flow.
- Maintain and improve operational efficiency and quality of service of own area through improvements in procedures/process.
- Manage diaries, organise and service meetings and initiate actions.
- Produce and manage correspondence and initiate responses.
- Prepare confidential documents, reports and other materials using some none standard formats and software.
- Monitor/process financial information to help ensure finances are appropriately monitored for the section/team.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A Level/Vocational qualification (HNC/NVQIII) or equivalent with significant experience.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Relevant and practical experience acquired through a combination of training and considerable on the job training experience, demonstrating development through a series of progressively more demanding and relevant work roles.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of relevant process or procedures.
- Supervisory experience and ability.
- Working knowledge of other areas of the authority relevant to the service.
- Clear understanding of standards and regulations set for the output of the role and/or team.
- Understanding of how the activities of the department relate to one another.
- Proven initiative and judgment to research and resolve problems independently of through a support team where appropriate.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Budget monitoring/management at an appropriate level for role.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels confidently, sensitively and diplomatically.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Business Services Officer/Administrator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.