- Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Temporary Business Services Assistant/Administrator
Reference no: Derbyshire 5217054
Pay Rate: £9.50 per hour PAYE
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative and other support where co-ordination, interaction and awareness of related activities are important.
The role will focus on accurate data input, telephone contact with customers and other organisations, along with general administrative tasks such as word processing, scanning and mail.
- Prepare documents and other materials to a clear brief using established formats and standard software.
- Collect, collate, enhance and organise information.
- Straightforward data analysis, manipulation and interpretation following clear procedure and guidance to provide information.
- Operate relevant equipment, e.g. digital, specialist software, etc to enhance and process documents and information.
- Provide information and services to various stakeholders, including partner authorities, the general public, business users.
- Receive and respond to enquiries from and to customers, providing an effective and courteous service.
- Recognise the impact of issues arising and raise unusual or complex issues to senior employees to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Monitor financial records, take responsibility for cash within defined procedures.
- Follow established ordering procedures to ensure sufficient resources to meet service requirements.
- Communicate with service users/external contacts usually through established routine connections e.g. regular suppliers.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Working knowledge of relevant systems, equipment, processes and procedures.
- Relevant work experience in the unit or comparable setting.
- Ability to plan and organise own work to produce a high level of output to quality standards.
- Good customer liaison and communications skills.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Services Assistant/Administrator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.