- Pay Rate:
£9.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Business Services Admin Assistant – Resources
Reference no: Derbyshire 5208604
To work initially in the office (Matlock) for training then on a rota system, week in week working at home (there is the facility to work full time in the office). This is an immediate requirement.
To provide an administrative or secretarial service to directly support a functional activity, where co-ordination, interaction with co-workers and an awareness of related activities is important. Roles will either focus on procedural understanding or customer service.
- Provide administrative support for meetings and internal/external events including arrangement of such events.
- Maintain financial/stock records and review data to contribute to resource planning and follow established ordering procedures to ensure sufficient resources to meet service requirements.
- Where required, maintain diaries, produce and manage correspondence, taking minutes and progress chasing.
- May perform support tasks which contribute towards the area specialist in nature, managing own work load from start to finish.
- Prepare documents and other materials to a clear brief using established formats and standard software.
- Straightforward data analysis, manipulation and interpretation following clear procedure and guidance to provide information.
- Understanding of relevant policies and procedures as they affect the role and the quality standards and outputs required.
- Recognise the impact of issues arising and raise unusual or complex issues to senior employees to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Where required, assign standard or routine tasks to others and be responsible for making sure they are completed correctly and to schedule to ensure service quality standards are maintained.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Good written and oral communication skills and a customer focus
- Understanding of the relevant policies and procedures within the role and the quality standards and outputs required
- ICT Skills: Excellent ICT skills including standard software packages and bespoke data bases.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Services Admin Assistant – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.