- Pay Rate:
£11.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Re-opened: This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary Business Development Officer – Markets & Fairs
Reference no: Nottingham 1000462213257069
A Business Development Officer is required to support the Manager to identify and develop new business opportunities for the Markets and Fairs Service. The post holder will support delivery of markets and fairs and actively promote events on social media liaising with the marketing and communications team. A recognised qualification in event marketing would be beneficial or equivalent knowledge and experience of event planning.
- Support with the management of detailed budgets.
- Help prepare purchase / procurement and tenders negotiations and maintenance contracts.
- Provide administrative support.
- Actively promote the service using a variety of mediums eg social media.
- Support the delivery of all event markets.
- Investigate complaints from the public and traders and take appropriate action.
- Be available for emergency call out and manage cover and emergency action as required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A recognised qualification in markets and fairs or equivalent knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge of legislation and regulations relating to the safe operation of markets, fairs and special events.
- Ability to plan, manage and monitor budgets.
- Experience using social media and other marketing tools.
- Ability to keep accurate records in line with legislative requirements.
- Outstanding IT, organisational and administrative skills.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Business Development Officer / Admin – Event Markets
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.