- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Business Admin Support Officer - CYPS
Reference no: Bournemouth 5208846
The candidate will be required to attend 6 weeks in person training in Bournemouth, and then to work from the office as and when required for cover.
The applicant will be required to have daily contact with various external bodies such as schools, parents and various agencies connected with children and young people. The ability to use tact and diplomacy together with experience of working in an environment with highly confidential information is essential.
Main Duties include:
- Assisting in the provision of home to school transport for pupils who are eligible under the Council policy.
- Assisting in the provision of information to parents and schools together with the allocation of places to children in schools.
- Providing a support service for other members of the team.
- Providing support generally to senior staff.
- Supporting arrangements for admissions including writing letters and maintaining databases.
- General filing and opening, logging and distribution of section mail.
- Issuing application forms and answering general queries over the telephone, in person and in writing.
- Input and checking of computer data.
- To comply with all decisions, policies and standing orders of the Council and any relevant statutory requirements, including the Equality Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act and Data Protection Act
- To have regard to the provision of Health and Safety legislation, the Council’s Equal Opportunities and other key policies and corporate/directorate Aims, Values and Objectives when discharging the duties of the post
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualifications: Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade A-C, including English and Mathematics or NVQ 2 Business Administration or equivalent
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Good knowledge of administrative practices, processes and procedures within an office environment
- Ability to manage workload and time
- Able to work agilely, adapting quickly to working from both home and different office locations
- Able to work accurately, quickly and efficiently
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours if required
- Ability to deal with pressurized deadlines and stressful situations
- Experience of maintaining efficient data storage and retrieval systems
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Admin Support Officer - CYPS
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.