- Pay Rate:
£12.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Business Admin Support Officer – Adult Services
Reference no: Havering RQ605866
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
The primary purpose of this role is to provide a reliable, high quality administrative and support service to Adult Social Care. The key objectives are :
- Contribute to the development of the Business Support Team ‘service offer’ helping to professionalise and future-proof administrative and support services by participating in task-finish working groups.
- Identifying any potential issues with administrative processes and escalating to Team Leaders.
- Assessing any service complaints received and escalating to a Team Leader where appropriate.
- Promoting the “Self Serve” ethos across departments.
- Responsible for owning and proactively managing and prioritising tasks to a successful conclusion.
- Sharing learning and best practice with peer groups as appropriate.
- Providing high quality, consistent, efficient and effective support services within agreed timescales.
- Supporting different front line teams and projects simultaneously.
- Providing high level specialist minute-taking support to all service areas across Adult Social Care.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of interpreting, analysing and dealing with sensitive information and data.
- Excellent experience of at least two of the following functions: HR, Finance, IT, Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, Complaints, Project Management and Commissioning.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast paced, results-focused environment without compromising accuracy.
- Excellent experience of administration and organisation of meetings and events, including writing formal minutes and facilitating.
- Experience of financial management processes including tasks such as paying and reconciling invoices, and creating, updating and reconciling spreadsheets.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Business Admin Support Officer – Adult Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.